Monday, December 8, 2008

D-Day

On Friday 12/05/08, I went to work and was feeling good, just tired as usual, and never expected to be at the hospital later. My water broke shortly before 11pm, of course, I was already in bed and just about to fall asleep. I called the doctor on call and they said to come to the hospital. After checking in they wanted me to get some rest because I was only dilated to 1 cm and they would check me again in the early morning to see if they needed to start inducing me with Pitocin. After the doctor arrived in the hospital around 7:30 am, they started my Pitocin. I was starting to get some pretty strong contractions so I thought we were making good progress, but unfortunately I was dilating very slow. After many painful hours of strong contractions I received an epidural at about 3 cm. That was great for me because I was finally comfortable but I was still progressing very slowly. At about 5pm I was at 5 cm and starting to feel stronger contractions. From 5pm to 630pm I progressed to 10 cm and was ready to push. I was exhausted but was ready to be done, so I gave it my all. After 45 minutes of hard pushing and fatigue, she was finally here. Born at 7:26 pm on her actual due date, weighing 6 pounds 12 ounces and measuring 19.5 inches long. She was very alert and calm, except when she was uncovered. She is very adorable and I can't wait for everyone to meet her. I will post pictures soon and hopefully I will have time to update the blog on her every move.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Wow, what a great story! It makes me want to cry and think back to my delivery. Very similar, strangly. I am glad you and Bailey are doing well! Can't wait to see pictures! Congrats!